Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Monday

Today is my least favorite day in any semester. It's refund day. This is where I get students ranging from Crying to screaming about getting/not getting/not getting what they thought in refund amount. No matter how hard I try to explain that it's simple math (tuition-aid= refund or out of pocket cost) these people can't seem to grasp it.

What I want to remind them is this:
1) This money comes from you going in to debt with the Federal government
2) Since you knew that refunds come this late why didn't you save money to pay for your supplies?!
3) I don't get to make the rules so I can't wave a magic wand and give you money. It's just not possible. There are rules that I have to follow or else I will lose my job and/or go to prison.

Luckily I am in the back corner of the room and don't have many visitors. I am trying very hard to keep zen and not just start throwing things. What doesn't help in all of this is that today I feel icky. My tummy is bouncing between vague nausea and need for a toilet.  My neck is also slightly tweaked so looking down isn't happening (not that I want to look at my feet but I would like the option to do so without pain).

All in all just a crappy Monday.

So now I need a positive moment:
I do very much enjoy my venti nonfat iced chai and protein box. It's enough to keep me going for most of the day. (300 calories for the Chai and 380 for the protein box= 680..not too shabby) I could have 2 of those and be set for the day! Woo! The chai is the best, it's so spicy (as in full of spice not OMG my mouth is burning). It's interesting to me that I can eat that and basically not be hungry until the afternoon. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment