Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So why do I want to lose weight?

When I read motivational teachings they all agree that you need to clearly state not only your goals but the reasons why you want these things. So why would I want to lose weight?



Here are the reasons (some obvious, some not so)

  • I don't ever want to hear the words "I'm not attracted to you physically anymore" EVER AGAIN.
  • I want to be in pictures and not cringe when I see them, only noticing how fat I am
  • I want to feel sexy
  • I want to touch my toes

  • I want to be able to keep up with my husband while we're walking and not become winded
  • I want to be able to walk around Disneyland and not feel like "if i don't sit down soon someone is going to get hurt"
  • When I tell someone what I weigh I don't want to hear "well you don't look like you weigh that much", I want to hear "damn you look good"
  • I want to go back to buying clothes in the normal stores not a specialty overweight store (even though their clothes right now are cuter)
  • When I put on a shirt I don't want to be surprised by how tight it is
  • I don't want to have to throw out clothes just because I'm not that skinny anymore
  • When people who knew me 15 years ago see me I don't want them to think "gosh she's let herself go"
  • I want to give myself the best possible chance to conceive

  • I want to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment