Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Choices

So I got an email back from my Nurse practioner at the RE clinic (I work primarily with her and have an RE overseeing everything, which I actually prefer this way. Also woo hoo for email from a doctor, that's a WIN Kaiser!).  She told me I had a choice
1) Do one more round of Clomid at 150mg and see what that does
or
2) Start doing the "low and slow" part of injectables. Bravelle 75 international units. Means more monitoring and more missed work time. Which means as we head into high season here at the office, more grumpy people and longer days with shorter breaks at my desk.

The pills are easy, I just take em for 5 days and go in for 2-3 wandings.

The injections are not. I could need them for upto 12 days and thats with blood work either every other or every third day.

I'm not really sure what to do on this one. I mean if i do one more round of pills it could take (lucky clomid cycle #3) and if it doesn't then we know for sure that injectables are the way to go. If I move on to injectables things could work or not. I need advice and would appreciate any input.

3 comments:

  1. We had that debate too! We decided to try the clomid and wait on the injectibles..I am on my 2ww now. There is a lot of monitoring with the injectibles. I'm not looking forward to those early morning..and copays...and of course being stuck with a needle! Let me know what you decide because it has definitely been quite the discussion in my house

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hubbs and I will have this discussion tonight. The only positive thing in all this is that I'm double covered through kaiser so it won't cost me anything until we reach ivf. That is a more recent development.

    Good luck on your 2ww. I'm crossing my fingers for you and trying to get time to speed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Came here via the Blog Hop (finally) and while I don't have any experience with these types of treatments, I wanted to offer a hug and some support. Good luck with your decision making!
    ~Miriam (Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed)

    ReplyDelete