Friday, April 2, 2010

Blog Hop!!

So I read quite a few IF blogs since it passes the time at work when there isn't anything to do and its great to find out I'm not the only one with issues.

So a lovely lady at Busted Plumbinghttp://www.bustedplumbing.com/2010/04/infertility-blog-hop-participation.html is encouraging people to share and read the other blogs out there to give support on this holiday weekend.

===

Easter is one of those times I feel very sad and yet not. Every year at Easter time I would watch Easter Parade (ya know Judy Garland? Fred Astaire?) to be with my grandmother vicariously (she lived 3000 miles away and this was her favorite movie). After she died Easter was just completely crappy for me. It was too near her birthday and all I would be able to think about was her. When I got married Easter was such a big family holiday that I came up with reasons not to go. It was worse as all the cousins his age started spawning. I just didn't want to be around babys when I knew I couldn't have one. I couldn't just seperate it into being happy for someone else.

Then my SIL had her first child. It has taken me almost 3 years to get to the point where I was not completely hurt everytime I saw that child. I love my nephew and look forward to playing with him more over the weekend.

I'm finally able to put the proper space between people having kids and me not having kids. Although it would be better this weekend if my folicles showed some growth (but I'm not holding out alot of hope there).

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from the hop :) Thanksgiving is my "dreaded" holiday. My grandmother's birthday was Nov 4th and she passed on a Thanksgiving evening. That time of year just is filled with sadness now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm from the blog hop!! I just found out that I have PCOS and so I feel like I am still in that "hard to be happy for people" stage. But mine is mostly focused on people that didn't want to have a baby and it just happened for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ladies!
    @azmamma Not only is Easter hard for me but so is October. She died on her 54th wedding anniversary. I chose that day to get married 4 years later so I have some reason to smile.

    @Phoebe It has taken me way too long to get to the "happy for people" stage but you will eventually get there, no rush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up my family used to always have great big Easter parties. They still get together but I don't go. Too many babies. It's not that I'm not happy for others because I wouldn't wish IF on anyone but I'm just so sad for myself.
    On the hop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the blog hop! Added you to my reader =)

    ReplyDelete