Friday, April 9, 2010

Communication

Last night when I got home the husband and I talked about the ultra sound and what was coming up next. I was feeling particularly put out because when I get bad news I want to eat out at a restaurant and he didn't want to do that.

He told me he was kinda sad and disappointed that this cycle didn't work and that he was worried about me since I had been so hopeful about this cycle. This is the first time he ever expressed any emotion over our cycle beyond worry that I was too overweight for things to work out right.  I was touched and I told him that I live in this world where it's reality vs fantasy and really told him how I dream about everything. He wanted to know if I wanted to slow things down and wait on the injectables so I can lose more weight. I told him that I didn't want to slow things down I wanted to keep going because losing the weight and becoming pregnant aren't goals that have to be gone after seperately. We're still up in the air as to wether we want to try IUI or just do a round with timed intercourse. Any advice on that?

Right now I'm ok or at least that's what I'm telling myself. It helps that we are very much looking at the future and setting up an actual house for ourselves and at this point even though we don't have enough information we are moving ahead. I really want the build to work. I want the house and the basement and it to be all new and to our specifications. I think its a risk we can handle.

2 comments:

  1. We had some of the same issues. I trudged forward for years(7 to be exact) but last June I stopped for six months to focus completely on weight loss. After losing 62 pounds in 6 months I felt much better starting back on the IF train. Sadly last months IUI was canceled due to a cyst. I understand the desire not to stop for weight loss but I did feel much better overall after the weight loss than before. The IF train is so stressful that it is almost counterproductive to weight loss. I've been gaining and losing the same five pounds since I started back. For me it is much harder to lose weight with all the different drugs and everything. Ultimately you have to do what makes you feel most comfortable. I was so worried about my age but I think my weight can be more detrimental than my age. I'm hoping the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to focus on becoming more healthy (not necessarily losing the weight...but of course I will). I started to make better choices about my food and my servings. I have blamed myself with my weight for our fertility issues for too long. I have a LONG way to go but small strides are definitely being made! Best of luck to you

    ReplyDelete