Monday, April 12, 2010

Lovely weekend

My weekend was so wonderful I thought I would share although it didn't get off to the greatest start.  Sautrday morning we got up on the earlier side (around 7:30am instead of 8 or 9) and we needed to print off the accessors maps so we could go look at the property.  Of course this is when the HP decides to be a big ol pain. It caused a bit of friction between the hubs and myself because we weren't using our words and we were grumpy.  Then we drove out to where the land was and its completely inaccessable (unless we put down our own road) and is a hill, no space to build on so that killed that. At least I got a good walk in and some hiking.  Then the hubs took me home so I could change shoes and I ran off to get my hair cut.  My hair person decides to wash and straighten my hair (incredibly joyus since my hair is so damn curly I can't straighten it on my own). Of course that means I was about 10 minutes late to tea with my girl friend from high school.  We had a love tea with little sandwhiches and sweets. Then we had time to kill until her husband was done playing golf and the four of us went to dinner, so we did what we usually do, found a mall and started wandering around.  She helped me look in every shoe store in the Great Mall (which there are many) for Navy blue dress shoes.

To digress for a moment: I'm a bridesmaid in a good friends wedding, our dress color is Navy blue (which I will look stunning in) BUT she wants us to have navy shoes and I refuse to get shoes dyed (last time my feet were the shoe color for a week, no thanks). I've spent 3 months looking for a pair of shoes that aren't stripper shoes or loafers to no avail. I'm about to buy a pair of regular blue shoes (or the pair I saw of Christian Sorianos at payless) and call it a day. The wedding is next month so I don't have a lot of options left.

Moving on. We get her husband and go to the hotel (since its in the next town over and its silly to run me home so I can herd the hubbs or so I thought) and I shoot the husband a text when we are on our way to the restaurant so he can meet us there. We get there and he is no where to be found. I call him up and he was confused but told me he'd be there in 15 min. Then we had a lovely dinner. This was the first time I'd spent more than 5 minutes with my friends husband so I was happy that he's a really nice guy. After stuffing myself on risotto and custard we all head our own ways.

Sunday the hubs had plans to go play with friends in sac so I had scheduled a lunch with my girl Jen. I hadn't seen Jen since I left davis 6 years ago.  She brought her youngest son (who is about 4 months) and I got to have baby time. It wasn't hard even though the little guy was a bit grouchy. So we had a lovely lunch and played a bit with the baby and then she went home and I went back to regularly scheduled chores, which I did not feel like doing at all. So I did very little.

I don't have anything specific to look forward to this weekend so who knows what trouble I will get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment